1. The largest organ of the body is the _____________ .
2. The skin protects the body from fluid loss or gain and serves as a barrier to ____________ .
3. The pigment formed in the skin is called _____________ .
4. Skin pigments protect the body against radiations from the sun called ___________ .
5. Heat is lost at the body surface in sweat during the process of ____________ .
6. Ultraviolet radiation from the sun brings about the synthesis in the skin of vitamin ____________ .
7. Another name for the stratum germinativum is _____________ .
8. The skin detects sensations such as pressure, touch, temperature, and __________ .
9. The dermis is the inner, thicker layer of the skin, while the epidermis is the outer ____________ .