1. The purpose of the eye is to gather light from the environment and form an image ___________________ .
2. The outer wall of the eye consists of the cornea and the ___________________ .
8. The iris is composed of two layers of ____________________________ .
3. The pupil of the eye is an opening in the portion of the eye known as the _________ .
4. The transparent biconcave lens is found behind the _________________ .
5. The suspensory ligament that attaches the lens to the structure is called the _______________ .
6. The eyelids are covered on their surfaces by the mucous membrane known the _______________ .
7. Tears that bathe the eyeball and keep it moist are produced by the _____________ .
8. When a patient refers to the white of the eye he means _________________ .
9. The middle ear bones, which transmit sound to the inner ear, are known as ___________, __________, and ______________ .
10. The long, slender tube leading from the pharynx to the middle ear is the _______ .
11. The snail-like structure of the internal ear is called the _______________ .
12. The ossicle that is in contact with the inner ear is the ________________ .