Topic 12. Pathophysiology of tissue growth. Tumors. 1. Rate of appearance of tumors is increased in elderly people. One of the main reasons for this is:
Increase in activity of cellular immunity
Decrease in activity of cellular immunity *
Rise of disorders of mitoses
Decrease of intensity of antibody production
Increase of intensity of antibody production
2. In a patient with metastases of lung carcinoma introduction of cytostatics led to suspension of metastases growth at first but later metastases resumed spread. What is the most possible mechanism of secondary growth of metastases?
Absence of contact braking
Absence of Hayflick’s limit
Rise of genetic heterogeneity of tumor cells *
Increased glucose consumption by tumour
Increased amino acids consumption by tumour
3. A 56-years-old patient, who had contact with diethylnitrozamine at his work place, complains of pain in right subcostal area, weakness, loss of appetite, and decreased workability. At examination of this patient: surface of his liver is rough, splenomegaly and ascites are present in him; his body temperature is 37.2oC; in his blood analysis ESR is 25 mm/hour, besides neutrophilic leukocytosis, and hypochromic anemia were found. What disease developed in the patient’s organism?
Cancer of liver *
Cirrhosis of liver
Dyskinesia of bile ducts
4. Approximately 60% of tryptophan is oxidized through serotonin pathway in case of malignant intestine carcinoma. What vitamin demand is increased for a patient with malignant carcinoma of intestine?
9. Following changes can occur in development of tumor:
Pheochromocytoma – hypotension
Insulinoma – hypoglycemia *
Aldosteronoma – hypohydration
Tumor of zona reticulata of adrenal glands – inhibition of sexual growth E. Tumor of thyroid gland – hypothyroidism
10. Cancer of lung developed in a patient, smoking for a long time. Which carcinogenic substance is present in tobacco smoke, related to polycyclic aromatic carbohydrates? A. Benzpyrene *
11. A male patient, 40, has stenotic (without metastases) esophagus cancer. The following changes were revealed in that patient: muscular and fat tissue atrophy, brownish color of the skin, thin epidermis, and cardiac atrophy. What’s the reason of such symptoms?
Alimentary cachexy *
12. In 1910 Rous managed to cause sarcoma in chickens by cell-free infiltrate inserting. What was the method of experimental modeling?
13. There is high stage of interaction between lung cancer and tobacco smoking. What chemical carcinogen is contained in tobacco smog?
14. Patient complained of weight loss and weakness, in blood analysis hypoglycemia and hyperinsulinemia were revealed. An additional study tumor of beta-cells was discovered. Insulin synthesis improvement in this case is a result of:
Functional anaplasia *
15. What biological process augmentation is typical for tumor cells?
Anaerobic glycolysis *
16. Ehrlich’s tumor was transplanted to animal. What is the evidence of tumor progression? A. Unlimited growth
Resistance to cytostatics *
Tumor weight increasing
17. Unpainted formation under the jaw was appeared in liquidator of Chernobyl’s disaster after 12 years of accident. The size of it has increased till last month. The blood analysis is in norm. What pathological process is most suspicious in this case?
Malignant tumor *
18. What is the most effective manner of experimental transplantation of tumor?
19. There is a tumor of tongue in patient. What characteristics of tumor may be considered as malignant?
Pasteur’s positive effect
20. What cell structure is a «target» for chemical carcinogens?
Nuclear DNA *
21. A patient with lung cancer has been smoking 30 cigarettes per day for 20 years.
What the group of carcinogens is in tobacco smog?
Polycyclic carbohydrates *
22. A female patient was admitted to the hospital with diagnosis «uterine cervix cancer». What from the following processes are not typical for tumor cells?
Anaerobic glycolysis *
High glucose metabolism
High amino acids metabolism
Organospecificity absence in amino acids consumption
23. A patient with urinary bladder cancer was working in coke factory. What substance was the most probable reason of this pathological condition?
24. It is established that tumor tissue receives in 20-25 times less of glucose that intact tissue in equal glucose amount. What metabolic changings lead to such event?
Aerobic glycolysis enhancement *
Normal interaction of these processes
Tissue respiration improvement
Decreasing of anaerobic glycolysis
25. They got nitrogenous nitrite to experimental animals. A tumor was developed in 80% of animals. What was the group of carcinogens?
Simple chemical substances
26. After Chernobyl disaster morbidity of tumors has been increasing. What action of the radiation has been appearing?