Topic 1: Subject, tasks and methods of pathophysiology.
General nosology, etiology and pathogenesis. 1. A 49-year-old man was suffering 12 years ago from rheumatic myocarditis, endocarditis, and insufficiency of mitral valve. Examinations showed the absence of inflammatory process, sufficient minute blood volume. What is it?
Typical pathological process
Pathological condition *
The 12-year-old boy took part in sport events in light athletic. Weakness, headache, loss of appetite, and rise in temperature to 37,8oC appeared in him on the next day. What period of disease is it?
3. Pain in a left half of the chest and dyspnea appear in a patient during walking. This pain increases during respiration. The attack of the pain was stopped by using narcotics. At examination of the patient following data were revealed: severe condition, respiratory rate is 28 per min., respiration is shallow and is dull in left axillary region. Blood pressure is 140/80 mmHg. Patient has sputum with blood. This patient has varicose dilation of veins. In purpose to correct main pathogenetic link it is necessary to use:
Spasmolytics E. Coronarolytics.
4. A 39-years-old patient has been suffering from gastric ulcer for last 4 years. Pain in epigastric region, heartburn, nausea, and constipation appear mainly in autumn and spring. Name this condition.
5. Gasping respiration appears in a patient with severe lung pathology. What terminal condition is this characteristic for?
6. A 10-yeaes-old child endured several rheumatic attacks. At examination of him it was established that he had inflammatory process in his joints and signs of mitral valve insufficiency. What pathological appearance in this patient may be attributed to
Mitral valve disease
Mitral valve insufficiency
Inflammation of joints
7. Which scientist emphasized senescence of connective tissue cells cytoplasm?
8. A 12-year-old boy starts complaining on the headache, nausea, rigor, periodic myalgia, loss of appetite, tiresome. Which period of disease characterizes by such symptoms?
Prodromal period *
Period of contact
Period of manifestation
9. A 28-year-old patient with symptoms of acute appendicitis was admitted to the surgical department. Acute pains in his right epigastric area and near the umbilicus were registered during palpation on examination. Schetkin-Blumberg symptom was positive. Which period of disease was observed in that patient?
Period of manifestation *
Period of functional disorder
10. Increase in pulse rate, respiratory rate, and increase of BP were noticed on a height of 1000 m above the sea in a 25-year-old woman, coming for holiday at mountainous resort. In some time all those symptoms disappeared. Which process was noticed in a woman?
11. In a 50-year-old man, who was treated for gastric ulcer, digestion normalized, pains disappeared, and mood is getting better. But in few weeks pains in epigastrium, heartburn, and acid eructation develop again. How can one characterize such course of disease? A. Relapse *
Typical pathological process
12. A man with the complex of deviation of his health is considered sick. What is the more typically for disease?
Disorder of physiological regulation of functions *